Whole Home Water Softening Systems Made Simple at Hudson Valley Culligan
Experience the difference water softeners can make for Hudson Valley water users — improved taste, lower utility bills, softer, happier skin and hair, and more!
It will probably not come as a surprise that the Hudson Valley area experiences water problems related to hard water. So, whether you’re tired of the lingering mineral aftertaste, constantly scrubbing off white buildup while cleaning, or dealing with the sticker shock of your monthly utility bill, water softeners are the all-in-one solution to get hard, poor-quality water out of both your home and mind.
Since Hudson Valley water comes mostly form surface water sources, tap water’s quality can run on a spectrum from hard and mineral-rich to softer with chemical signatures. Regardless of where on that spectrum your water lies, there can be a noticeable taste or odor to your water. In addition, both sides of the spectrum can have impacts all through your home.
Hard Water in Your Home Water Supply
On top of making things more difficult to clean, hard water can put a strain on major appliances by making them work overtime to compensate for the dissolved mineral content and leaving you to deal with a rising utility bill. Hard water also leaches nutrients from skin, hair, and nails – costing you more in personal care and cleaning products like soaps, shampoos, and detergents since these products don’t produce as many suds, or rinse as easily, in the presence of hard water.
Simple and Effective Water Softening Solutions
Whether you live in Newburgh, Troy, or Scotia, treating hard water is as simple as installing a water softener in your home. These systems remove problem-causing minerals and impurities, and leave you with softer water that tastes great, feels great, and works more effectively in your home.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Water Softener Benefits
- Reduce utility bills and extend the life of major appliances, since soft water is more energy efficient for everything from the dishwasher to the coffee maker.
- Enjoy shinier, healthier hair, plus softer skin and nails.
- Keep clothing looking like new and lasting longer, with mineral-free water that’s easier on fabrics.
- Improve the taste of water, coffee, tea, and cooking and baking by removing dissolved minerals.
- Use, and spend, less on personal care and cleaning products that go farther — and feel better — with softer water.
Culligan of the Hudson Valley Benefits
Regardless of where in the Hudson Valley you live, Culligan has been trusted with solving people’s water softening needs for over 80 years. It is a testament to our dedication to water softening and the technology and expertise that drives our success. After all, it’s not just installing a water softener. It is the extensive background and knowledge of local water and our focus on customer service that puts us a step above the rest.
- Culligan water softeners always include professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and helpful, informed local dealers to help you learn more about your water to find the right solution for your home.
- Culligan holds more patents for water softening technology than any other water company, one of them for the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener — the most efficient water softener on the market today.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water taste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems, it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances, the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.